Weeks of 7/15/19 and 7/22/19
What is Happening
Columbia Business School
Site 7 (Western Site)
- Steel erection and metal decking is up to the roof level
- Curtain wall panel installation is underway
- Concrete placement and curtain wall anchor installation up to level 8
- Network stairs installation and egress stair installation up to level 11
- Plumbing and ductwork is underway
- Spray on fireproofing is up to level 6
- Interior wall layout and elevator shaft walls up to level 5
Site 6B (Eastern Site)
- Steel erection and metal decking is up to level 8
- Concrete placement up to level 2
- Network stairs installed up to level 6 and egress stairs installed up to level 5
Below Grade Activity / W. 131st Street Utilities
- Trenching and manhole installation ongoing on W. 131st Street near the Studebaker Building loading dock. Domestic water tie-in on W. 130th Street on Saturdays is awaiting Department of Environmetal Protection approval. Installation of storm water piping on W. 131st Street.
- HVAC, plumbing and sprinkler piping ongoing. Installation of HVAC pipe stands in utility tunnel.
- Installation of masonry walls at sub-cellar level 1 and sub-cellar 3 levels
- Vapor barrier and concrete slab on grade installation at sub-cellar 3 level
- Spray on fireproofing at sub-cellar 3 level
- Backfilling and site grading
- Installation of sewer connections
- Carpentry top track installation
W. 132nd Street Demolition Project
- Demolition to start on July 22. Department of Buildings to perform pre-demolition inspection during the week of July 15.
What to Expect
- Regular weekday work hours: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday work hours: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Material deliveries to site is ongoing
Temporary Traffic and Transportation Impacts
- W. 130th Street will be closed on Saturdays from July 13 to July 27 for street utility work
- Refer to street signage for the west side of Broadway from 129th to 130th Streets -- parking is allowed after 6:00 p.m. and on weekends
- W. 131st Street between Broadway and 615 W. 131st Street is closed and will remain closed until the fourth quarter of 2019