Weeks of 12/9/13 and 12/16/13
What is Happening
Slurry Wall and Foundations
- Installation of foundation walls and other foundation elements to support the new buildings that will be constructed above the below grade space. This project is located within the eastern portion of the block bordered by West 129th Street, West 130th Street, Broadway, and 12th Avenue.
- “Top-Down” construction work continues, which involves excavation of soils and preparation for mat slab for the ongoing construction of the Jerome L. Greene Science Center
West 130th Street Work (between Broadway and 12th Avenue)
- Installation of new structure in a portion of the area below grade that will allow for future development. Additionally, this structure will support the new street construction that consists of new road pavement, sidewalks, curbs, utilities and street lighting.
- Excavation and removal of the existing soil
- Installation of drilled shaft foundations
Jerome L. Greene Superstructure
- Structural steel trellis work is being completed for the upper levels
- Bolting and welding of the steel is being completed
- Spray on fireproofing is being applied to steel members and underside of decking
- Shielding panels to be installed at second floor ceiling. Sound attenuation (spray-on) is being applied to deck and steel on second floor
- Anchor supports for exterior wall panels to be installed
- Concrete floors being poured on upper levels
- Mechanical piping and ductwork to be installed from the third floor
- Curtain wall panel erection to begin on second floor
What to Expect
- Regular work hours: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday work hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Crane activity to off-load the steel members from the trucks and to erect them in place on the structure
- Trucking of soil off-site from excavation operations
- Steel deliveries to the site
Temporary Traffic and Transportation Impacts
- No standing on West 129th Street between Broadway and West 125th Street.
- West 130th Street between Broadway and 12th Avenue is anticipated to remain closed until the spring of 2015.
- West 131st Street has been reopened. There is one eastbound and one westbound lane open.